Welcome to the Theatre Alliance of Buffalo (TAB) Auditions Page!
Please note that in order to audition for TAB, you must be a graduating college senior or out of school. Current students who will be enrolled as a student during the 15-16 season are not eligible. Individual theatres will hold auditions for student actors if their shows warrant it.
Auditions for the 2015-2016 Season will be held:
PLAYS - Monday, Jan. 26 and Tuesday, Jan. 27 at Road Less Traveled Theatre (between 6pm-10pm each night).
MUSICALS - Monday, Feb, 9 at MusicalFare Theatre (between 5pm-10pm).
Auditions are BY APPOINTMENT ONLY. Please follow the step-by-step instructions below. You will not be given an appointment if all steps are not completed in the order they are listed.
The deadline to make an appointment is Monday, January 19th at 4pm. Any requests made after the deadline will not be honored.
(1) CLICK HERE to download the TAB Audition Form (Word Document). You must fill this out completely and SAVE IT TO YOUR HARD-DRIVE.
(2) Email firstname.lastname@example.org requesting an audition slot. You MUST attach the following documents to your email:
(a) The TAB Audition Form you filled out (Word Document or PDF ONLY - no other file types accepted)
(b) Your Theatre Resume (Word Document or PDF ONLY - No other file types accepted)
(c) Your Headshot (JPEG or PDF only - No other file types accepted)
If all documents are not attached or are not in the correct formats, you will not receive an appointment. No exceptions.
(3) Once your email is received, someone will reply within 36 hours telling you your actual appointment time(s). You do not have an appointment until you receive an email from us.
(4) There is a mandatory $5 audition fee which you bring to your first audition. Payment may be made by check (payable to Theatre Alliance of Buffalo) or cash (exact change only). You only pay this $5 fee ONCE, whether you are auditioning one night or two nights.
(5) If you wish to have your headshot and contact information on the TAB website, you may add $20 to your payment (for a grand total of $25). This is not mandatory.
(6) Stipulations/Materials Needed:
-One (maximum) two-minute monologue OR one (maximum) five-minute scene between two people. The monologue/scene MUST be memorized and may not be longer than the allotted time. Your audition will be stopped by a monitor at the appropriate-minute mark.
If you are choosing to do a two-person scene, please be aware that both auditioners must both have the same time slot – please check with your audition partner for his/her availability before contacting TAB. Please make sure that when you set up the appointment that BOTH auditioners’ forms/headshots/resumes are sent in simultaneously – preferably in the same email.
-Your $5 audition fee. If you are doing a two-person scene, BOTH auditioners must pay the $5 fee.
-Sheet music for 32 bars of ONE SONG. Sheet music must include piano accompaniment. The song MUST be memorized.
-Your $5 audition fee (if you didn’t already pay at a play audition).
(7) Individual TAB theatres will hold callbacks at their discretion later in the year for individual shows.
Your TAB Audition fee is used to help pay for CDs containing all auditioners’ headshots, resumes and audition forms, thus saving auditioners the cost of having to provide up to 50 printed copies of those materials.
Auditions are being held earlier this year due to actor feedback - there WILL NOT BE auditions in April/May as in past years.
TAB Auditions are a general audition allowing actors to perform for representatives of TAB Member Theatres for the upcoming season, and for subsequent seasons.
WELCOME TO THE TAB AUDITIONS PAGE
Please follow the explicit instructions to the right to make an appointment.