Welcome To Our Auditions Page!
Theatre Alliance of Buffalo (TAB) Auditions
Please note that in order to audition for TAB, you must be a graduating college senior or out of school. Current students who will be enrolled as a student during the 17-18 season are not eligible. Individual theatres will hold auditions for student actors if their shows warrant it.
Auditions for the 2017-2018 Season will be held:
PLAYS - Monday, Jan. 30 and Monday, Feb. 6 (pick ONE date) at Road Less Traveled Theatre - 500 Pearl Street, Buffalo, NY 14202 (between 6pm-10pm each night).
MUSICALS - Monday, Feb, 13 at MusicalFare Theatre - on the campus of Daemen College - 4380 Main Street, Amherst, NY 14226 (between 5:30pm-10pm).
Auditions are BY APPOINTMENT ONLY. Please follow the step-by-step instructions below. You will not be given an appointment if all steps are not completed in the order they are listed.
The deadline to make an appointment is Monday, January 23rd at 4pm. Any requests made after the deadline will not be honored.
(1) CLICK HERE to download the TAB Audition Form (Word Document). You must fill this out completely and SAVE IT TO YOUR HARD-DRIVE.
(2) Email email@example.com requesting an audition slot. You MUST attach the following documents to your email:
(a) The TAB Audition Form you filled out (Word Document or PDF ONLY - no other file types accepted)
(b) Your Theatre Resume (Word Document or PDF ONLY - No other file types accepted)
(c) Your Headshot (JPEG or PDF only - No other file types accepted)
If all documents are not attached or are not in the correct formats, you will not receive an appointment. No exceptions.
(3) Once your email is received, someone will reply within 36 hours telling you your actual appointment time(s). You do not have an appointment until you receive an email from us.
(4) There is a mandatory $5 audition fee which you bring to your first audition. Payment may be made by check (payable to Theatre Alliance of Buffalo) or cash (exact change only). You only pay this $5 fee ONCE, whether you are auditioning one night or two nights.
(5) If you wish to have your headshot and contact information on the TAB website, you may add $20 to your payment (for a grand total of $25). This is not mandatory.
(6) Stipulations/Materials Needed:
-One (maximum) two-minute monologue OR one (maximum) five-minute scene between two people. The monologue/scene MUST be memorized and may not be longer than the allotted time. Your audition will be stopped by a monitor at the appropriate-minute mark.
If you are choosing to do a two-person scene, please be aware that both auditioners must both have the same time slot – please check with your audition partner for his/her availability before contacting TAB. Please make sure that when you set up the appointment that BOTH auditioners’ forms/headshots/resumes are sent in simultaneously – preferably in the same email.
-Your $5 audition fee. If you are doing a two-person scene, BOTH auditioners must pay the $5 fee.
-Sheet music for 32 bars of ONE SONG. Sheet music must include piano accompaniment. The song MUST be memorized. An accompanist is provided.
-Your $5 audition fee (if you didn’t already pay at a play audition).
(7) Individual TAB theatres will hold callbacks at their discretion later in the year for individual shows.
Your TAB Audition fee is used to help pay for CDs containing all auditioners’ headshots, resumes and audition forms, thus saving auditioners the cost of having to provide up to 50 printed copies of those materials.
TAB Auditions are a general audition allowing actors to perform for representatives of TAB Member Theatres for the upcoming season, and for subsequent seasons.
Accompanist for the Musical auditions is made possible by a donation from the
Family and Estate of Michael G. Hake.
Shakespeare in Delaware Park Auditions
2017 Season Auditions will be held on
- Saturday, February 11th 9am to 1pm OPEN CALL
- Sunday, February 12th 9am to 1pm CALL BACKS
- Monday, February 13th 5pm to 9pm CALL BACKS
Auditions will be held at:
2017 Summer Productions:
AUDITIONS ARE BY APPOINTMENT ONLY. Everyone interested in being considered for the 2017 season must make an audition appointment. To arrange an appointment, please call (716) 856-4533, on or after January 30th (no audition appointments will be accepted before January 30th).
Actors should prepare one memorized, Shakespearean monologue, not to exceed 2 minutes. If you have played a "principal role" for Shakespeare in Delaware Park in the past you do not need to prepare a monologue, you may call to see if you are needed for a call back audition appointment. All Actors are requested to bring a resume/career bio and a head shot to the audition. ALL roles are open. All ethnicities are encouraged to audition.
Theatre Alliance of Buffalo (TAB)
Shakespeare In Delaware Park